I have been hard at work on all kinds of fun projects that Clark won’t even remember for his 1st Birthday!
I am such a good Mom.
This art project took me a little while to whip up but it turned out pretty cute.
I read a tip on Pinterest ( the Devil) that I should “seal” chalk projects with a little hair spray at the end.
Then it can be easily washed off with soap and warm water when you want to change the board.
Well, I tried it and it totally didn’t work and I smeared the chalk all over the place.
Maybe I had the wrong hairspray?
|Garage Sale 1.00|
Next I decided I wanted to find a cute highchair for Clark to sit in when he eats his birthday cake.
I scoured Craigslist and when I say scoured I mean that I found this chair on the first look.
It was located in a town about 2 hours away, which I was not driving all the way to for this silly thing.
So, I asked my Mother in law instead!
She lives about 20 min from there and was able to get it the next day for me.
It needed a little help though, the plain wood wasn’t real cute.
So I painted it flat red and then stenciled a few Western things onto it.
When that was dry, I went back over it with fine sand paper and distressed the edges.
I wiped it all down with a damp rag and then sprayed the entire thing with a clear gloss to seal it.
And last, we have a silly pallet.
The same silly pallet you see all day long on Pinterest.
You know, the one you can make into a sofa or table or bed or planter or …..heck I dunno, anything you could normally make out of WOOD!
What a concept.
Let’s use some crap wood to make other things that you could make out of wood all along.
|Free- Our concrete for the backyard was on it|
I made this project way harder than it needed to be btw.
The plan of how to make this happen was that we would wrap some wire around the rope and then shape it onto the wood.
That wasn’t going to look good though.
So we decided to painstakingly weave the wire into the braid of the rope.
Which involved two people, a vice grip and a lot of team work.
Once the rope was transformed into a “wire rope” we shaped it on top of the pallet and staple gunned it into place.
After we were done, we realized that we really didn’t need the wire at all, we could have just layed the rope out and stapled it.
Lots more to come but you will have to wait till after the party to see!